Dr. Angelo Colavita
Dr. Angelo Colavita graduated Magna Cum Laude from Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa in February 1998. While attending Palmer he was awarded numerous scholarships and achievement awards for academic excellence. He is a member of Pi Tau Delta International Chiropractic Honor Society. Dr. Colavita trained directly with Dr. Roy W. Sweat, the inventor of the Atlas OrthogonalTechnique, and one of the foremost authorities in the field. He received his Board Certification in the Atlas Orthogonal Program through Sherman College of Chiropractic in 1998. Since then he has attended and/or lectured at every advanced conference held by Dr. Sweat. Dr. Angelo Colavita has been in private practice since 1998, with a previous location in Ho-Ho-Kus, New Jersey and currently with offices in Clifton, New Jersey and Moorestown, New Jersey. He is board certified and licensed to practice chiropractic in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania. He takes extensive time with each and every patient to insure the highest quality of diagnosis and treatment.
- In May 2003, Dr. Colavita was presented with the R.W. Sweat Research Foundation Achievement Award for his extensive clinical research. He was the largest contributing researcher of the published article, “Resolutions of Cervical Complications Secondary to Motor Vehicle Accidents by the Application of Stereotactic Cervical Alignment (SCALE) Methods: Statistical Review of 54 Patients” in the Journal of Whiplash & Related Disorders, Vol. 5(1) 2006. In addition, Dr. Colavita is currently conducting clinical research on atlanto-mandibular dysfunction with Dr. Louis Vita in Clifton, New Jersey.
- He is an adjunct professor at Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, Iowa, and is a certified instructor of the Atlas Orthogonal Modular Seminars. He has also lectured in both the United States and Canada.
- Dr. Colavita was a contributing author to the Atlas Orthogonal Text, third edition. He also wrote and produced Atlas Orthogonal educational booklets that are used by doctors throughout the country.
- In 2004, Dr. Colavita was recognized as one of the Top Chiropractors in America, by the Consumer Research Council of America.
- Dr. Colavita is on the Board of Directors of the R.W. Sweat Research Foundation, serving as Chairman of the Ethics Committee, and as Vice-Chairman of the Atlas Orthogonal/National Institute of Health Research Program. He is also an inspector of F.D.A. registered Atlas Orthogonal precision adjusting instruments.
- Dr. Colavita is certified in Cervical Acceleration/Deceleration and Brain Injury Traumatology. He is certified in Motor Vehicle Crash Forensic Risk Analysis. In August 2005, Dr. Colavita was involved in Human Subject Automobile Crash Testing Research through the Center for Research into Automotive Safety and Health. He is certified in Low Speed Automobile Crash Reconstruction (LOSRIC) and is an advanced graduate of the Spine Research Institute of San Diego 10th Annual Scientific Conference.
Dr. Sangwoo Kim
Dr. Sangwoo Kim earned his Bachelor’s degree from Kyunghee University in South Korea. With much passion in chiropractic, he came to the US to attend Palmer College of Chiropractic in Davenport, IA. Soon after he graduated from Palmer College of Chiropractic in 2013, he moved to Atlanta, GA to get further training at Sweat Institute for Atlas Orthogonal Chiropractic.
Dr. Kim trained directly with Dr. Roy W. Sweat, the inventor of the Atlas Orthogonal Technique and one of the foremost authorities in the field. After 6 months of training, Dr. Kim started to work for Dr. Sweat as an associate doctor for a year. He received his Board Certification in the Atlas Orthogonal Program through Sherman College of Chiropractic in 2014. During his stay at Sweat Institute, he was involved in several different research projects. He was a contributing author to the Atlas Orthogonal textbook, 10th edition.
Dr. Kim decided to become a chiropractor when he first got chiropractic treatment for his scoliosis in his high school years. As he greatly benefitted from Atlas Orthogonal procedure himself, he firmly believes it can help many patients with different conditions. He tries to spend an extensive amount of time listening to his patients with empathy. He wants to help patients to heal as quickly as possible with the fewest number of visits as possible.
Dr. Kim speaks both English and Korean. He is married and is the father of three kids.
Dr. Colavita’s approach to patient care is as unique as each individual patient. By utilizing a number of highly specialized techniques, he is able to maximize the healing process within a shortened time span. Therefore, in most cases he expects 50 to 100% improvement in symptoms within the first 4 to 6 weeks of his treatment protocol. The success of the treatment is greatly dependant upon following the given instructions. The goal of treatment is not just relief of symptoms but also restoration and maintenance of the proper spinal alignment. Dr. Colavita’s desire is to get patients feeling better and stabile in the healing process as quickly as possible with the fewest number of visits as possible. Results for the patient are what Dr. Colavita is interested in and he alters his treatment until he achieves the results he expects.
Not everyone is a candidate for Dr. Colavita’s specialized program. Therefore, patients are carefully selected as to ensure the greatest amount of success with treatment. From 2002 to 2006, Dr. Colavita was the largest contributing clinical researcher involved in a groundbreaking study concerning neck pain. His success rate within that published research was over 92%! He is currently the lead researcher in a study concerning head and neck pain as it relates to the jaw and facial pain. Dr. Colavita is also currently involved in research showing the effectiveness of his AO treatment with headaches and migraines. The reason why Dr. Colavita is so involved in research is because he believes that if you cannot prove what you do, than it’s not worth doing. Therefore, he not only proves it to the suffering patients that seek his treatment, but also to the scientific community through research.
Dr. Colavita spends a significant amount of time with each patient. He listens carefully to what the patient has to say, as the one who knows best about what your feeling is you. Over the last ten years patients from all over the world have sought out Dr. Colavita and have been helped by his protocol. He has treated patients from all over the United States, Canada, Europe, and Asia. He has two convenient and comfortable office locations in North and South New Jersey.
Dr. Roy Sweat, the developer of the Atlas Orthogonal Program, personally trained Dr. Colavita in 1997 and 1998 at the Sweat Institute in Atlanta, Georgia. He has continued his learning from Dr. Sweat ever since then, as he has attended or lectured at every biannual advanced conference offered. He also sees patients with Dr. Sweat several times a year. Dr. Colavita has been certified to teach the Atlas Orthogonal Program to students and doctors, and does so in his Southern New Jersey office. He is honored to be an adjunct professor at Palmer College where he teaches students the basics of the highly specialized Atlas Orthogonal Program. According to Dr. Colavita to teach this program to doctors and students, is to follow in the footsteps of Dr. Sweat himself. A greater privilege could not be bestowed.